Hatteras we take pride in our Professional Mold Testing, Mold Inspection, & Indoor Air Quality Services which you can count on to protect your family, home, business or institution. We perform Comprehensive Mold & Moisture Assessments, Certified Indoor Air Quality Testing for Molds, Certified Direct Mold Sampling, Crawlspace Inspections, Pre-Purchase Home Inspections, and Post Remediation Testing. Our goal is to assist you in having an environmentally healthy safe home for your family, friends, and vacationers. Enjoy the piece-of-mind knowing your family is protected!
Having 22+ years of experience along with a strong local knowledge of the environmental conditions facing Hatteras and the Outer Banks. We are able to recognize potential problems before they can lead to costly repairs in the future.
We are dedicated to providing our clients with a safe and healthy indoor environment, free from harmful mold and other pollutants. With our advanced technology and experienced professionals, we offer a wide range of services to identify and mitigate any potential issues in your home or business. Our team understands the importance of indoor air quality and the potential health risks associated with mold exposure, and we are committed to helping our clients achieve the clean and healthy indoor environment they deserve.
Each person’s body is affected by mold toxicity in different ways. It’s important to note that the severity of the health risks associated with mold exposure can vary depending on a range of factors, including the type of mold present, the duration of exposure, and the individual’s health status. Since symptoms differ from person to person, they may not be quickly associated with mold exposure. Many people suffering from mold illness struggle to get a proper diagnosis and investigation. Exposure to mold spores can cause a range of health problems.
- Allergic reactions: Mold spores can cause allergic reactions in some people, resulting in symptoms such as sneezing, runny nose, itchy eyes, skin rash, and cause irritation to the eyes, nose, throat, and skin.
- Respiratory problems: Prolonged exposure to mold can cause respiratory problems, including asthma, bronchitis, and other lung conditions.
- Infections: Some types of mold can cause infections, particularly in people with weakened immune systems.
- Toxic reactions: Certain types of mold produce mycotoxins, which can cause toxic reactions in some people. These reactions can range from mild symptoms, such as headaches and dizziness, to more severe symptoms, such as neurological problems and even death in rare cases.
Our Mold and Indoor Air Quality Testing
Services have been utilized by:
- Federal Offices
- Military Institutions
- Local Government
- State Colleges
- Town Halls
- Police Stations
- Fire Stations
- State Park Offices
- Government Housing
- Non Profit Organizations
- Local Business & Residential Home Owners residing in NC
Considering purchasing your dream home?
Homeworks Environmental performs Pre-Purchase Mold and Moisture Inspections.
- Are there signs of prior water damage within the home?
- Is there a musty smell within the home?
- Has prior storm damage been reported?
- Is there moisture within the crawlspace
- Has the HVAC system been properly maintained?
These issues can often be an indication of a much bigger and costly issue. Knowledge is your best negotiation tool.
More and more Full Service Water Damage/Restoration Companies are generating consumer complaints with Free Mold Inspections, or Mold Testing Services.
A Remediation Contractor should not be performing pre or post testing on any property in which they have a financial interest in offering remediation services. The expense of sending out an inspector or in the case of a Restoration Company salesperson is real. Unethical companies deceptively use a “Free Inspection” or “Free Testing” as a way to get into your home in order to give you a high pressure sales pitch, with salespersons being overly aggressive in recommending remediation services to exaggerate the scope of work needed, high profits are expected. Consumers have found that these “free inspections” often come with a hefty price tag when the salesman presents a frightening list of dangerous conditions that are claimed to be emergency, requiring immediate and expensive repairs.
An insider recently stated that the goal before even walking through the door is $10,000.00 in findings. HEI believes you deserve the peace of mind of having your home evaluated by an objective, professional inspector, who is not there to sell you expensive and often unnecessary repair services. We offer honest, accurate inspections that carefully outline whatever actions may be required to correct any problems. If the extent of damage requires more extensive repairs, we can recommend reliable and honest local companies that we have worked with and trust.